Documentation and Archive Internship
The Documentation and Archive Intern will assist in the development and organization of Mujeres de Maiz (MdM) inventory from 1997-present, as well as associated inventory and materials.
Duties will include:
- Creating Call out for Archival material and paraphernalia
- Receiving Archival material and paraphernalia
- Organizing material and paraphernalia in MdM's archive and conducting inventory
- Digitizing (scanning and photographing) this archive inventory via digital photography and high grade scanning (working with professional or student photographers)
- Transferring, digitizing and organizing film footage
- Organizing zine images into archival data base
- Organizing Written and Oral histories
- Categorizing Historical Photographs and Images
- Creating short edits of videos and photos for historical promotional purposes
- Creating summary & marketing documents
- Zine Art Item and tracking list of iconic and key artwork over the last 20 years (to include key information, dimensions, photo, etc.)
- Visual Art Exhibit Item and tracking list of iconic and key artwork over the last 20 years
- Working with artists to arrange photographing artwork.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, photography, filmmaking and video editing skills a plus.
The goal of the Documentation and Archive Internship will work to support MdM with creating an archive for its upcoming 20th Anniversary projects and for future. MdM is currently working towards three projects related to our 20 year anniversary. They include 1) Retrospective Exhibit at Vincent Price Art Museum 2) An Exhibit Catalog accompanying the retrospective 3) A Academic and Memoir based Book Anthology documenting Mujeres de Maiz’ 20 years.
The Documentation and Archive Intern's work will directly impact these broader organizational goals and objectives.
Mujeres de Maiz projects include:
- Creating a MdM Archive database with information regarding paraphernalia, artists, artwork, and importance
- Documenting our Herstory through community and academically based initiatives.
The Documentation and Archive Intern will work directly with Mujeres de Maiz, Curator and Finance and Operations Director.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.