Mujeres de Maiz Arts Academy is a multi-generational community arts enrichment program designed for ages 5 to adult. We offer an environment where students can develop their complete creative abilities through a variety of exercises to introduce drawing, painting, weaving, printmaking, 3d sculpture, and portfolio preparedness. Our classes are designed to facilitate and inspire students creative expression through high quality, visual arts learning experiences and exposure to more female artists as well as artistic and cultural traditions from around the world and locally.
- Provide art lessons that support a 'whole person' or 'whole child' educational philosophy that will allow students to feel safe, valued and successful, utilizing the five California Visual Arts Standards: artistic perception, creative expression, historical and cultural context, aesthetic valuing, and connections, relationships, and applications.
- Provide quality, introductory lessons in drawing, painting, weaving, printmaking, 3D sculpture and wherever possible: creative writing, poetry and performing arts practices.
- Enhance cultural enrichment by providing opportunities to experience the finest art examples and practices in various cultures and genders from around the world and locally.
- Display student work.
Our Unique Program Includes:
- Mind, body, spirit connection
- Culturally conscious curriculum
- Women & Girl centered
- All female instructors
- Younger age groups (ages 5-11)
- Quality art materials
- California Standard Based Arts Education
- Structured Curriculum
- Cognitive development exercises and critical thinking skills